Chief Financial Officer @ HIL Applied Medical - January 202121 January 2021
About HIL Applied Medical:
HIL is a cancer therapy company on an accelerated growth path. We are developing a new class of compact, high-performance proton-therapy systems. Proton-beam therapy is an established, advanced form of radiotherapy, with proven clinical advantages to patients and healthcare systems.
At HIL we apply a novel approach to particle acceleration and beam delivery, combining Nobel-Prizewinning ultra-high-intensity lasers with nano-technology and advanced magnetics. These technological breakthroughs enable meaningful reduction in the size, complexity and cost of proton therapy systems without compromising clinical utility.
Thus HIL aims to enable, for the first time, a proton therapy solution that is truly affordable and cost-effective - key to widespread adoption of this important therapy, enabling a $40B global market.
HIL Applied Medical is a privately-held company, backed by VCs, global strategic partners and non-dilutive sources of funding – including multiple EU (Horizon 2020) grants and blended financing instruments. We are headquartered in Givat Ram, Jerusalem, and have a wholly-owned subsidiary in the US.
Description of the Position:
We are looking for an experienced CFO to plan and execute the company's short- and long-term financial strategy.
The CFO will have primary responsibility for the planning and implementation of all finance activities, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations. The CFO responsibilities also include defining and executing investor relations and partnership compliance. She/He will be working closely with the CEO and the company's executive team, as well with the Board of Directors and our external finance and legal advisors.
A successful candidate must be well-versed and well-experienced in all types of private and public capital raises. He/She will be comfortable leading all outward-facing financing activities and communications of the company – with current and prospective investors, shareholders, investment bankers, and the capital markets at large.
HIL is at an exciting turning point in its life – moving into a new R&D facility and HQ, venturing into early commercialization, with a clear pathway to full-scale commercialization in global markets. The CFO will become a key member of the growing executive team, and instrumental in building the financial foundations for the growth of HIL to its next level.
Scope: full time.
Reporting to CEO; member of the Executive Team.
• Develop and execute fundraising plans and capital structure.
• Lead all activities related to current and future capital raises – investor reach out and selection, deal structure, due diligence, negotiations, closing.
• Maintain Cap Tables and Waterfall Scenarios.
• Long-term business, financial and strategy planning.
• Financial modelling, pricing and forecasting.
• Entering global markets. Emphasis on entering global markets.
• From early prototypes to full-scale manufacturing – establishing supply chains, negotiating strategic partnerships up and down the value chain.
• Budgeting and ensuring cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations.
• Shareholder and Board presentations.
• Lead all IR and PR activities.
• At least 10 years relevant experience is a must.
• Proven experience as CFO or similar role, preferably at growth-stage startups; Med-tech / life-sciences experience is a strong plus.
• Successful track record leading significant private-placement capital raises;
• Successful track record leading IPOs, preferably on NASDAQ;
• In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices;
• Experience leading investor outreach and investor relations.
• BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a strong advantage; CPA is a plus.
• Experience living and working abroad (preferably the in US) – a strong advantage.
• A strong desire to work in a challenging, dynamic startup environment; be part of an international team; live at the bleeding edge of innovation – where the risks are big and the rewards are even bigger - for the betterment of the human condition.
• Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills are required (excellent English is a must).
• Must have a strong sense of ownership; desire and ability to drive projects from inception to successful completion.
• Curious & creative.
• Strategic thinker; analytical mind; detail-oriented in execution.
• Strong organizational, communication and people skills.